Semi-random ramblings from the ethereal edge of...ahh forget it.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Five albums you'll meet in Heaven


I was out with a few friends Thursday night and I posed this question: If you could only listen to five albums the rest of your life, what would they be?

Here are mine:

1.) Give Up by The Postal Service: This list isn't in any particular order, but I will say that this is probably the best album ever made.

Best songs: Such Great Heights; Sleeping In; District Sleeps Alone Tonight; Nothing better.

2.) Cold Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay: This is the best album by my favorite band.

Best songs: Politik; Amsterdam; Green Eyes

3.) Unplugged by Nirvana: I had to buy this CD at least three times in my life. I guess I listened to it too much. "About a Girl" is my #1 song of all-time.

Best songs: About a Girl; Man who sold the world; Where did you sleep last night?

4.) Live at the Apollo by B.B. King: This one is better than Live at San Quentin. Why you ask? It has the best B.B. song ever with this line: You gotta be crazy baby. You've gotta be out of your mind. As long as I'm payin' the bills I'm payin' the cost to the boss.

Best songs: All over again; Paying the cost to be the boss.

5.) Hot Fuss by The Killers: Every song on this album kills.

Best songs: Jenny was a friend of mind; Mr. Brightside; Everything will be alright.

These are pretty good, too: Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt; Self-Titled by Jars of Clay; Whatever and Ever Amen by Ben Folds; X & Y by Coldplay; 34th & 8th by OAR; Live at McCabe's by Ralph Stanley; Hello Nasty by the Beastie Boys; Battle of Los Angeles by RATM; The Hits by Garth Brooks; Satellite by P.O.D.; Bone Palace Ballet by Chiodos; Live in Central Park by DMB; White Ladder by David Gray; In Search of...by N.E.R.D; The Action Album by Oh My God; Music for the Morning After by Pete Yorn; Live at the Wetlands by RRFB; Greatest Hits by Jimi Hendrix; Neon Ballroom by Silverchair; Piece of You by Jewel; Precious Memories by Alan Jackson; Phrenology by the Roots; Be not nobody by Vanessa Carlton; Greatest Hits by the Doors; Spirit by Jewel; Morningview by Incubus; All killer no filler by Sum 41; The Joshua Tree by U2; Phenomenon by Thousand Foot Krutch; Ten by Pearl Jam; Core by Stone Temple Pilots; Dizzy up the girl by Goo Goo Dolls; Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield.

No comments: